Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow Day(s)

*------------*------------*------------*------------*------------*------------*

What a long absence from blogging. I think I was so frustrated with work that I stopped taking the time to capture the FUN and sweet moments. No more!

Snow Days

Let's talk about the glorious unexpected, unearned, and perfectly indulgent gift that is a snow day.

I am unashamed to say that I slept peacefully for most of the first one. Nowhere to be. A day without lesson plans or convincing a student to care about inner and outer planets.

Just a slender covering of white and the peace that comes and whispers, "Take this day. Rest." So I did. I made biscuits . . .It was very domestic of me.

Smudge loves the snow and continued begging to go outside.
She looked frosty out there. I made her come in shortly after.

Work returns tomorrow, Monday, but I am re-created and ready. As it should be. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm even going to hang with friends tonight. Take that, Monday!

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

reading that just made me feel rested and relaxed myself, ahhhhhhhhh, big breath out! :)

Kathy J said...

Warm biscuits on a snowy day... wish I could have been there! Welcome back to blogging about the good things in life. :o)

Valerie said...

What a fabulous day!

Followers