Monday, July 20, 2009

AR stands for Arkansas

Once I made the plan to road trip it to Texas, I quickly realized that I would be able to visit my dear friend, Treva in Conway, AR. TREVA Treva's Music

She was a gracious hostess and we had a blast hanging out, writing a new song, watching Flight of the Concords, and making delicious food in her fabulous kitchen. We went to church on Sunday in a room above an Italian restaurant - a first for me - that was located in, I kid you not, Toad Suck Square. Did I mention that Conway, AR is the home of Kris Allen?! All the signs around town will quickly acquaint you with that fact. :)

For the camera

For real :)

Delicious Pancake Breakfast. I have discovered how much I enjoy coffee with Creme Brulee creamer. Ummmm.

Can you guess the secret ingredient in this cake recipe?

He was the only single guy there . . .

Josh, Treva's husband, teaching the guys the ropes.

Winston doing the dishes.


Josh looking cool with his genuine Cuban cigar. He is a geologist and spent a lot of time teaching me about the earth and answering my questions. We even went on a little field trip. :)


4 comments:

Kathy J said...

This comment box is too small for all the things I wanted to say. I decided to use bullet points:
1. Yay for Flight of the Conchords!
2. Should I know Kris Allen?
3. Was that poker table in their home? If so, wow.
4. That cake looked good until I saw the doggie dishwasher. Ha!
5. What is one new fact you learned about the earth?

Unknown said...

I learned that Yellowstone is actually a volcano with a caldera aprox 60 miles in diameter. WHEN it blows, it will be a world changing, horrific event. :) Kris Allen, American Idol. Gasp, you didn't google it??

Unknown said...

Poker table was a gift for Josh. He is quite the card playa.

Christiana said...

You look like you're having a ball.

That makes me happy. :)

[But please come home soon so I can hug your neck. And make you dinner.]

Followers