Friday, July 3, 2009

Looking Back

Dear Friends and Family,

A year ago yesterday I arrived with Krissy with my U-haul in tow to Nashville, TN. One whole year ago. 365 days. 525, 600 minutes as the famous musical has ingrained in our brains. You also mark that time by events in your own lives. It's so interesting see time in fast forward as we look back. There has been movement. :)

* I moved here without a job. I begin my second year at Crockett Elementary school in August.
* I have moved two times and now have a roommate.
* I struggled with finances and a paycut. I will be debt free by August. (Thank you Dave Ramsey)
* I have a wonderful companion cat named Smudge who is patient while i figure things out. She has comforted my tears and snuggled on cold nights.
* I have a church that challenges me in good ways
* I have met Chris Tomlin, Brandon Heath and Sarah Buxton :) Other industry peeps, too.
* I have been knocked around and turned down but I am still here (That's how the meeting turned out with the AR guy by the way.)
* I went home to CA 4 times! What can I say, I miss you guys!
* Val came to visit . . . twice!
* I am learning what it means to have an authentic and immovable faith. Pain required. Questions unanswered. Surrender.
* Making new friends takes time. Who would have thought?!
* Went to Durango songwriter's expo. Going to GMA Immerse event end of July.
* Wrote and recorded some music. I really like "Alive" and "You" www.myspace.com/carolynrosemiller
* No cuts yet, guys. :) But who knows what next year holds.

Love to all,
Carolyn

PS Send along your year in review. Love to hear!
PPS Thanks for praying. I have been strengthened and deeply encouraged by them!

3 comments:

Kristine James said...

Wow, a year goes by so fast! I hope that you will continue to be strengthened and comforted by new and old friends. I am still very excited for this chapter in you life. Smudge, was a great addition, TN is a beautiful place, you are an adventurous woman, and God loves you! Love you too!
-Krissy

Kimmie said...

Dear Carolyn - my thoughts toward you are many. I get so jealous when I find out that you have been here and I missed seeing you. I am so thankful for your humble honesty, it makes me miss you even more. I look forward to seeing what happens in another year! Many blessings dear friend.

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

Crazy how many things have happened in one year! Cheers to many more and all the adventures the Lord has for you!

Followers