Monday, September 22, 2008

Cyclists With Courage and Compassion



Tonight I had the privilege of hanging out with four rather remarkable young men. (I joked with them that it looked like I won a contest or something.) They are cycling across the USA to raise money for a non-profit they started to set up life guard training in Nicaragua. They are 12 days into this incredible adventure.

I have known one of these guys, Scott, since my early days in Westminster. Nashville was one of their stops and I was thrilled to get to chat with them as they are passing through. I got to hear first hand accounts of crossing the Appalachian Mountains! Wow. Today was 120 mile bike ride. To hear their hearts concerning this cause was impressive and inspiring.

Their website is www.cycling4acause.org This is the type of action, faith , and adventure that I want to support. You, too? :)

Would you please pray with me for safety, endurance, rejuvenation, wisdom, and joy in this crazy courageous task?

Scott, Olin, Eric, and Peter,

May God bless you with more down hill experiences and give you the extra drive you need to make it up the big ones. You are all in my prayers now. Grace be with you on this ride of a lifetime! (Can you hear patriotic theme music playing behind that last statement, or is it just me? Maybe it is the Super Mario Bros. theme?)

:)

Followers