Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Fifth Graders Will Really Understand This

Yesterday I walked into the very cluttered yet wonderful store, Bed Bath and Beyond, to return an orange decorative pillow- it had a tear. While I was distractedly waiting for the kind saleswoman to finish the exchange, squeezable key chains caught my eye. Naturally I picked up the rat because my mind instantly went to Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille. I squeezed the smiling gray rodent and what came out? None other than the script from from our beloved alien friend who does the "I like you" routine. My mouth dropped open and I looked at the people around me to see if they were as appalled as I was that someone stole those awesome words! (No one seems to care. In fact they avoided eye contact because I might have appeared slightly strange at caring so much about what a stuffed rat was saying.)

Regardless of the wrongness of this event, it made me think of my amazing fifth graders. Here is the link for old times sake. :) You are special. You are loved.


http://www.chriscummins.com/like/

2 comments:

Kathy J said...

I wish I could have been there to witness that revelation. I am pretty sure I can picture the exact face you made. Classic!

kenzie & juju said...

miss miller me aka julia and mckenzie love you and we have a blog now to so you can send us stuff and ya so our blog is jujuandjuzie.blogspot.com we love you lots julia and mckenzie:p

Followers